● Houses of faith are sometimes challenging to work with because
trust with academia, medicine, and industry has been broken in the
past. Persevere - it’s worth it.
● Process must be run on the terms of the houses of faith, not lead organisations.
● Homework prompts self-reflection and deep curiosity about
traditions, even for those who are lifetime adherents.
● It is tempting to instrumentalise faith communities (and faith
itself), but we must resist this impulse.
● From the outset ask how health can enhance faith, not only other
● Promote interfaith dialogue - the fundamental challenge and
desired outcomes are universal. This is most effective when
encouragement is implicit, not explicit.